You are here
Young Explorers Camp Programs
EACH CAMP IS:
- All camps are for grades K-5th
- Aftercare will be available from 4:00pm to 5:00pm every day for $10/day
- Kindergarteners must have experience in full-day classes before attending.
Young Explorers Winter Camp, 2018/2019
What makes a T. rex a dinosaur? Don your paleontologist hat and join us as we travel into the past to understand what makes a dino a dino! We’ll explore what dinosaurs ate, how the defended themselves and what we think they looked like!
Explore the many facets of water during a chilly winter’s day. Do all snowflakes look alike? How do pond animals survive through the winter? Join us as we explore the physical properties of water, how winter weather affects water in nature and so much more!
Spend a day learning about what makes color in clay bodies, in slips, in glazes. Explore how light and minerals create color. We will create our own tile color wheels through mixing blue, red, yellow glazes, play with marbleizing, and use different colored clays in our pieces.
Animals can hide forever, but they always leave traces! Scat in the snow? Tracks in the mud? Become an animal sleuth as we ferret out clues for the existence of hidden critters of ALL kinds around us.
Blast off on a celestial adventure through the solar system and beyond! We will explore the huge variety of celestial objects, space flight and so much more.
Gee, Brain, what do you want to do today? The same thing we do every day: try to uncover the mysteries of the mind! Join us on an adventure into the inner workings of the brain as we explore its anatomy, biology, and how it’s wired.
Planets and stars and meteorites, oh my! Become a space explorer and investigate the solar system and Milky Way Galaxy with exciting activities and planetarium shows.
Think your way through this fun filled day. Put your thinking cap on and join us as we use our brains to delve into the brain through mind bending games, puzzles and much much more.
Be a paleontologist for the day! Dig into the museum collections, make fossils, and learn about the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of ancient New Mexico.
Calling all female nature nerds, science geeks, tech heads and engineering buffs! Get inspired by female scientists throughout history and join us for a fun filled day of exploring science, technology, engineering and math in the setting of a natural history museum!
Get inspired to be a scientific artist. Grab your microscope and your easel and delve into science through the lens of art. Come create with us as we bridge the gap between art and science through doodling, sketching, sculpting and other creative techniques.
Be a geologist for the day- take a walk inside the volcano! Come explore and learn why New Mexico is nicknamed the “Volcano State” with scientists at the museum. We’ll explore the volcanoes on Earth and in outer space on planets like Mars and Venus.
- The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science reserves the right to cancel any event that does not reach a minimum of six participants. A full refund will be given if the session is cancelled by the museum due to low enrollment.
- To inquire regarding any camp openings or scholarship availability, contact Deb Novak, deb.novak @state.nm.us 841-2836.
- Price per camp (per week): $300.00 (Members: $270.00) Daily camp rates Non member price $85.00 per day Member price $76.00
- Registration is expected to go live soon, please check back here for a link.