You are here
Young Explorers Camp Programs
Winter camp registration is now open at www.brownpapertickets.com brownpapertickets.com. Please contact Winter Camp Coordinator Charlotte Rohrbough at (505) 841-2848 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
EACH CAMP IS:
- Filled with materials-based and hands-on activities
- For Kinder through 5th grade
- From 9:00am to 4:00pm
- $75 per child per camp (10% discount for members)
December 19th - Galactic Engineers
Did you know tinkering with electricity and circuits can lead to robots exploring other worlds? Unleash your inner techno-geek and explore technology in outer space, from Sputnik ‘til tomorrow. Learn what is being made on the International Space Station today, what the Mars rovers are up to and much, much more!
December 21st - Dinos to Dire Wolves
Stompers and flyers and swimmers, oh my! Become an expert in prehistoric life from the largest mosasaur to the littlest Adelobasileus, from the hairiest mammoth to the slimiest ammonite, and the dinosaurs in between. Numerous types of prehistoric life will be investigated from the Triassic to the Ice Age!
December 22nd - Winter in the Wild
Plants and animals are so active in the spring… but what happens in the winter? Put your naturalist hat on and investigate the amazing diversity of New Mexico’s habitats during the cold days of winter. We’ll figure out what plants and animals are up to!
December 23rd - Astronomical Adventures
December 28th - Dino P.I.
Ready to solve some prehistoric mysteries? Grab your sleuthing cap and your magnifying glass because we are traveling through New Mexico’s Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous periods to seek clues to how dinosaurs lived. Be prepared to trek through forests, swamps, and seas as we get to the bottom of our prehistoric conundrum!
December 29rd - Buggin’ Out
December 30th - Ginormous Geology
Do you know that rocks and minerals tell stories? Don your geologist’s hat and join us as we venture through the dynamic world rocks, minerals, and volcanoes. We will explore many facets of geology from identifying rocks, and the stories they tell, to examining the minerals that a part of our everyday life.
Things You Need to Know
- Aftercare will be available from 4:00–5:00 p.m. for an additional fee of $10 per day. Aftercare payment must be paid by cash or check on the first day of camp at 8:30 a.m.
- All classes are scheduled rain or shine. Kindergartners must have experience in full day classes before attending. Museum staff (including instructors, aides and all other staff) cannot disperse prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Pack a lunch, two snacks and a water bottle for your camper.
- Once a session is filled, a waiting list will be maintained; no deposit is required. People on the waiting list will be notified in sequential order. If you wish to reserve a space in the program you must make the full payment within three days of notification.
- The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science reserves the right to cancel any event that does not reach a minimum of 6 participants. A full refund will be given if the session is cancelled by the Museum due to low enrollment.
- Young Explorers’ scholarships are available, contact email@example.com or call (505) 841-2848
To inquire about camp openings or for more information, please contact Charlotte at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (505) 841-2848