Today at the Museum
|Lockheed Martin DynaTheater Tickets|
NatureScapes Photo Salon Opens today
Where is your backyard? Is it just the area around your home or is it any area nearby that is familiar to you?
We invite you to explore and rediscover your New Mexican backyard.
Our vision is to inspire a greater appreciation and understanding of the natural world by celebrating nature through the art of photography.
First prize: Matthew Olivero “All the Small Things”
Second prize: Bert Pearlman “Wind Dance”
Honorable Mention: Vincent Frazzetta “First Hard Freeze”
Honorable Mention: Ann Wood “The Amazing Sphinx Moth”
First prize (student): Levi Smith “Leave Me Alone”
Second prize (student): Axel Smith “Trio of Weirdoes”
Third prize (student): Axel Smith “Slug it to you”
Friday October 28th
7pm to 11pm
Leave the kids at home and enjoy a Halloween party just for adults 21 and over (ID required).
• Dancing in the Atrium and Disco Cave
• Cash Bar and Scary Delicious Food Truck
• Prizes for the Best Costume
• Frightening Fractals in the Planetarium - $5 per person
• The Original Nightmare on Elm Street in the Dynatheater - $5 per person
• Advance tickets available at BrownPaperTickets.com for $15: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2605945
• Tickets available at the door on October 28th; Adults 21+ - $15
• Students - $12 (only available at the door on 10/28)
• Museum members - $10 (only available at the door on 10/28)
October 24, 2016 - 1:30pm
Take a docent-led, fact-filled, fun, guided tour of the Museum exhibits.
October 25, 2016 - 9:00am
Museum Closed today
October 26, 2016 - 10:30am
A fun opportunity to learn something new about science with an emphasis on New Mexico. Many classes blend art or history with science.
October 28, 2016 - 7:00pm
An evening event for adults at the Museum!
October 29, 2016 - 10:00am
Garden Workshops for Families provide opportunities for families with children ages 4 to 12 to explore biology, garden practices, soil science and water in the desert in an outdoor garden setting